Launching your First EC2 instance-
Step by step Guide
To launch an EC2 instance
- Sign in to the AWS Console and open the Amazon EC2 console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/ec2/.
- Choose the EC2 Dashboard, and then choose Launch instance, as shown following.
3. Choose the Amazon Linux AMI, as shown following.
4. Choose the t2.small (comes under free tier)instance type, as shown following, and then choose Next: Configure Instance Details.
5. On the Configure Instance Details page, shown following, set these values and keep the other values as their defaults:
- Network: Choose the default VPC
- Subnet: choose any subnet.
- Auto-assign Public IP: Choose Enable.
6. Choose Next: Add Storage.
7. On the Add Storage page, keep the default values and choose Next: Add Tags.
8. On the Add Tags page, shown following, choose Add Tag, then enter
Name for Key and enter
9. Choose Next: Configure Security Group.
10. On the Configure Security Group page, shown following, choose Select an existing security group if u have or create a new.
Make sure you allow inbound port 22 for SSH access.
11. On the Select an existing key pair or create a new key pair page, shown following, choose Create a new key pair and set Key pair name .
Next download the key pair.
*Note — don’t loose the keypair else you won’t be able to connect to the EC2 instance.
12. To launch your EC2 instance, choose Launch Instances. On the Launch Status page, shown following, note the identifier for your new EC2 instance, for example:
13. Choose View Instances to find your instance.
14. Wait until Instance Status for your instance reads as running before continuing.